In Basic Posture, I wrote:
- Slightly tuck your chin.
- Lower your shoulders.
- Squeeze your lats.
- Tuck your koshi.
- Slightly bend your knees.
- Keep your elbows close to your body.
- Shift your weight in the direction you will move, then move.
- Protect your sechusen (centerline).
- Move as if on a tightrope.
- Move from place to place at a walking pace -- time your strikes and blocks to arrive when you get there.
- Squeeze out your air -- almost all of it, but not quite -- in synch with the timing of your strike or block.
- Hit on the recoil of your koshi.
- Recover the energy/power of the recoil for the next movement.
- Train to move freely in any direction.
- Kicks and strikes are like stabbing.
Charles C. Goodin