Karate Thoughts Blog


Contents   /   Email  /   Atom  /   RSS  /  

1650+ Posts... and Counting

Arrogant Because...

I always say that Karate students or instructors who are arrogant simply have not been around enough truly skilled people. If you have met people who are truly amazing, you are not likely to "toot your own horn."

Most Karate students I know simply try not to "make shame" rather than show off.

If you meet enough truly skilled Karate experts, you just feel lucky to practice the same art!

Another thing -- truly skilled Karate experts are usually humble because they have met other experts (perhaps their own sensei) who are even more skilled than them.

I plan to spend the rest of my life hoping to become half as skilled as my own Sensei. So much to do and so little time. Maybe a quarter is more realistic.

Respectfully,

Charles C. Goodin