Karate Thoughts Blog


Contents   /   Email  /   Atom  /   RSS  /  

1650+ Posts... and Counting

Paralyzed

You probably saw the horrible video footage of Buffalo Bills football player Kevin Everett attempting to make a tackle during a kick-off and suffering a life threatening spinal cord injury. I pray that he will recover.

I'm sure that he is in outstanding shape. Football players wear helmets and protective body equipment. And yet, in a split second he was paralyzed. When he fell, he did not even move.

In Karate, we sometimes make contact with each other. In a split second, anyone could be seriously injured. If a hit is just right, the body angle is just right, who knows what could happen? We always have to be very careful.

Sometime students might think that I am overly cautious. I don't think that there is such a thing.

Again, I pray for the recovery of Mr. Everett.

Respectfully,

Charles C. Goodin