Karate Thoughts Blog


Contents   /   Email  /   Atom  /   RSS  /  

1650+ Posts... and Counting

"Professor" Goodin

Soon, you might hear about a "Professor" Goodin. No, it is not me. My eldest son, Christopher, will be an adjunct professor at the William S. Richardson School of Law (at the University of Hawaii) during the 2008 Spring semester. He will teach a legal writing class. Chris is only 25, and currently clerks at the Hawaii Supreme Court.

"Professor" is a title used by many of my Kenpo friends here in Hawaii. I am often asked if I am related to the late Professor Walter Godin. As I have mentioned before, I am not related to Professor Godin (my name is Goodin and my family is from the mainland and Japan).

Now that there will be a Professor Goodin (in law), I wonder if the confusion will increase?

I am very proud of my son. He worked very hard at law school and in the year of his private practice at a major Hawaii law firm before his 15 month clerkship at the Hawaii Supreme Court.

If you ever hear of a "Judge" Goodin, that will most likely be him.

I have to say that I am sure that Chris' successes in law are due, in part, to his Karate (and Kendo) training. Martial arts teach students how to work incredibly hard, set the highest standards for themselves, and live by a code of conduct grounded upon honesty, integrity, and concern for others.

Way to go Chris!

Respectfully,

Charles C. Goodin