Karate Thoughts Blog


Contents   /   Email  /   Atom  /   RSS  /  

1650+ Posts... and Counting

Worst Karate Master Ever?

I wish to tell you who I believe the worst, most overrated Karate master of all time is. He is...

Of course I would never say such a thing! I don't have such an opinion.

But the way we are, we like to think about such things. Who was the best? Who was the worst? Who was a fake? Who was the best fighter? Who defeated who? If they had an entertainment show for Karate, these would be the juicy bits of gossip they would discuss.

But as Karate students, such thoughts are irrelevant. We should just be respectful of our seniors and elders, grateful to the Karate pioneers, and try our best.

And what difference does it make if someone was great or not great? What matters is if we ourselves are skilled. We cannot become skilled by judging others. We can only become skilled by practicing.

I believe in the saying, "if you don't have something nice to say about someone, then say nothing at all."

Who was the worst? Who cares? I will just try to become the best I can be.

Respectfully,

Charles C. Goodin