It might be good to be the best fighter in the world, but...
- On a good day, the second best fighter might be able to defeat the best fighter.
- The 10th and 11th best fighters working together can almost certainly defeat the best fighter.
- Being the best fighter doesn't mean much if you are hit in the back of the head with a brick or stabbed in the back.
- Even an untrained attacker could get lucky.
- Even if the best fighter wins a fight, he could get injured or contract a disease.
- The time will come (with age) that the best fighter will not be the best fighter any longer.
- What does best mean? What are the criteria? Best fighter with rules, in a certain weight division, in the whole world? What?
Charles C. Goodin