Karate Thoughts Blog


Contents   /   Email  /   Atom  /   RSS  /  

1650+ Posts... and Counting

Ordering the Okinawan Karate & Kobudo Encyclopedia


This is a follow-up to my post about the Okinawan Karate & Kobudo Encyclopedia.

The book was published by Kashiwashobo in Tokyo, Japan. The encyclopedia is shown on the opening page of the company's website. There is also an order page specifically for the encyclopedia at:


The only problem is that these pages are in Japanese. I have not found an English page yet and automatic translation services are pretty rough. I would not want to base an order on such a translation. However, if you read Japanese, you should be able to order from the above page.

I believe that the encyclopedia is 15,000 Yen. I do not know how much shipping would be, but the encyclopedia is quite heavy.

This is a must have book for any Karate collection or library.

Respectfully,

Charles C. Goodin