Karate Thoughts Blog


Contents   /   Email  /   Atom  /   RSS  /  

1650+ Posts... and Counting

Drinking Theme in Music

I am rushing getting ready for all the exhibit events, but wanted to write about something I've noticed. I'll bet you have too.

Lately I have heard many songs on the radio that have an alcohol theme. Basically, they are songs about drinking and getting drunk. The obvious implication is that this is a cool thing to do.

Remember back to the Cheech and Chong movies? They were always smoking marijuana... as if that was a cool thing to do.

Children have a hard enough time growing up without songs and movies showing them exactly what "not" to do.

Drinking (to excess) and taking illegal drugs are not cool -- they are stupid and harmful. I think that those of us who have the opportunity to speak to children in our Karate classes, should make this point.

Karate is about personal responsibility (among other things).

Respectfully,

Charles C. Goodin