Karate Thoughts Blog


Contents   /   Email  /   Atom  /   RSS  /  

1650+ Posts... and Counting

My 52nd Birthday

Today I am 52!

I have been a grandfather for 2 months.

I put my son in charge of the dojo 2 years ago.

I have been studying koshi (whole body dynamics) for 7 1/2 years (when I met Shinsato Sensei in Okinawa and became his student).

I have been a father for 28 years.

I have been married for 31 years.

I have practiced Karate for 36 years.

I started practicing martial arts 44 years ago (Judo, in Japan).

And I have 48 years before I am 100!

I feel that 52 is the new 32. Thanks to Karate training and exercise, and learning koshi/whole body dynamics which makes everything in Karate much easier, I hope to be able to train to the age of 100 and beyond! I joke that I am chasing my Sensei. He is about 18 years ahead of me.

Every day, I am grateful for my family, friends, health, and many blessings.

I am so fortunate!

Respectfully,

Charles C. Goodin