Karate Thoughts Blog


Contents   /   Email  /   Atom  /   RSS  /  

1650+ Posts... and Counting

My Student is Better Than Me!

This is a story.

Two Sensei were were eating dinner together discussing their lifetime of teaching Karate. At one point, the first Sensei started to sob, "Several of my students are better than me! I feel like I a failure."

The second Sensei began to sob as well, saying, "None of my students are better than me! I feel like a failure!"

Which was correct?

I feel that several of my students are better than me (and several others will become so), and I feel like a success!

I have four children and a granddaughter. I want the very best for each of them. With my blessing and support, I want them to surpass me in every way. I will be their greatest fan!

The same is true of my students. My greatest pleasure is to learn from them!

Respectfully,

Charles C. Goodin