Karate Thoughts Blog


Contents   /   Email  /   Atom  /   RSS  /  

1650+ Posts... and Counting

My Granddaughter is 1 Year Old Today!

My granddaughter, Madeleine, became one year old today! She is the daughter of my eldest son, Christopher, and his wife, Michelle, who live right next door.

I cannot adequately put into words how happy I am to be a grandfather. It is both a joy and a responsibility -- just like teaching Karate.

Some people have asked when I will start teaching my granddaughter Karate. Actually, I think I would like for her to learn how to properly fall first. I have started that, a little. As for Karate training, I think maybe I will wait until she is 5.

But martial arts training will definitely be a part of her life. My son, Chris, was very active in Kendo. Maybe Maddy will practice Kendo too.

We'll see!

Respectfully,

Charles C. Goodin