Karate Thoughts Blog


Contents   /   Email  /   Atom  /   RSS  /  

1650+ Posts... and Counting

About that Kick

Here is an interesting article at the CNN website about Anderson Silva's front kick to Vitor Belfort's jaw:

In UFC fight, mixed martial arts and brain science collide

I have been thinking... I don't think that most people would throw a kick to the jaw if kicks to the groin were allowed. Well, perhaps Anderson Silva would.

In my style, kicks are generally no higher than the waist and are usually aimed at the groin or knee areas.

My Kenpo friends like to say, "If you want to kick to the head, take the attacker down first (then stomp him)." Not that I would necessarily do that... just that I have heard that. Of course, I would do everything possible to avoid an attack.

Respectfully,

Charles C. Goodin